Waxing is a cosmetic procedure that involves the removal of body hair from its root. Modern beauty trends have made waxing a regular beauty procedure for many people around the world. Below are a few reasons you should wax.
- Waxing is a long-term hair removal procedure as it removes hair from its roots.
- Waxing leaves your skin smooth, unlike shaving that may cause rashes on sensitive skin.
- Waxing promotes healthy hair growth. Frequent waxing makes the hair follicles get weak. As such, your hair will grow with a subtle touch.
- Using a razor to shave exposes you to cuts. This is because your hands are soapy which might cause the razor to slip. On the other hand, waxing is safe as no blades are involved.
- Shaving could cause skin inflammation and irritation due to friction between the razor and the skin. Irritation also occurs when the hair begins to grow. Since waxing promotes slow hair growth, you do not have to deal with such discomfort.
If you would want to wax your hair, the first step is getting a salon that does professional waxing. Ask your friends to recommend a salon or check for salons with positive online reviews. Once you visit the salon, you should expect the following;
- Since you are new to waxing, the beautician will explain the waxing procedure to you. There are many kinds of waxing procedures such as bikini, Brazilian or Hollywood. Waxing may also be categorised according to the wax used. It may be hot, cold, soft or hard waxing. With the help of the beautician, you will choose your preferred procedure.
- Most salons are very particular about their clients' privacy. As such, the beautician will give you a towel if you need to remove your clothes. If you want to wax your pubic hair, you may be offered some disposable pants.
- Hygiene is essential when waxing. As such, expect the therapist to wear some gloves as they wax you.
- The beauty therapist will ask you to lie down on a salon bed. If you feel uncomfortable as he or she works, ensure that you speak up.
- You might feel a bit of pain during hair removal. However, once the procedure is complete, the beauty therapist will apply some soothing cream or moisturiser to relax the skin.
Waxing is an excellent way to get rid of body hair. It produces a lasting effect compared to shaving. Preferably, the procedure should be done at a beauty parlour by qualified beauticians.